Easy Does It Emergency Services
Home Care Opportunities
Registration is now open: Home Care Opportunities – Informational Presentation and Job Assistance
Personal Assistance Resource, in partnership with Easy Does It Emergency Services, is now offering monthly presentations to guide people interested in rewarding careers in home care. This pilot program, Home Care Opportunities, will provide participants with comprehensive information on finding clients, scheduling hours that fit their lifestyle, and developing skill sets in this valuable field.
Participants will also receive personalized, follow-up support to help them find their perfect job.
Jobs in home care can help people:
- Develop positive working relationships with others who rely on their unique skills and abilities
- Learn new skills they can use in their lives, or share with others
- Partner with others who share their passions (like changing the world, discussing comparative religion, or creating new recipes)
- Gain that warm fuzzy feeling of knowing they “really made someone’s day”
Why is this the best time to become a home care worker?
- Home care is one of the safest forms of “essential work” with less exposure to viruses due to limited contact with the public.
- There is more home care work available than ever before.
- Home care workers are a priority for receiving the vaccine.
Register now for free spot at one of our presentations!
- Tuesday, January 26 at 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 18 at 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 10 at 11:00 a.m.
These events will be hosted by Hannah Karpilow who has been providing home care services in the East Bay since 1981.
She has found sustainable employment, travel opportunities, and a profoundly caring community as a personal attendant, and her goal is to inspire others to join, or re-discover, this enriching field.