Easy Does It Emergency Services
A Message from EDI’s President
Dear EDI Family,
As you know, in the coming weeks the novel coronavirus is expected to spread widely. EDI will do everything in our power to avoid transmission of the virus to you, anyone in your home, and our staff members.
- Our employees will wear masks and gloves.
- We check each attendant and driver’s temperature at the beginning of each shift.
- Our dispatchers are asking whether you have symptoms of COVID-19 (the disease produced by the virus).
- If we have reason to think you may have COVID-19, our attendants will wear whatever protective gear (masks, gowns, and gloves) we are able to obtain in this time of scarcity.
- Our attendants will wash their hands before and after providing you attendant services.
- If you request it, we will measure your temperature.
- We have told our employees not to come to work if sick.
The novel coronavirus spreads extremely easily, and people can be infectious before they have reason to suspect they have the virus. So, despite all precautions we have put in place, it is not possible to absolutely assure that no EDI members are carrying the novel coronavirus at any particular time. Keeping this in mind, the decision to use EDI services during the pandemic is one all clients must make for themselves.
If there are additional protective measures you are taking due to your unique situation, please advise our attendants of these measures and they will comply with your directive.
The following behaviors can help slow the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover coughs with a tissue (dispose of it promptly) or your elbow.
- Avoid close contact with those who are ill.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Eat healthy food.
This is a difficult time for all of us. Let’s be calm, prudent, brave, and joyful.