Easy Does It remains open to serve you. However, in accordance with Alameda County’s shelter in place order, and after consultation with the Berkeley Health Department, we are now able to provide only essential services, as listed below:
- All aids of daily living (ADL’s)
- Household chores too urgent to wait until a client’s regular caregiver arrives
- Urgent laundry—however please note EDI caregivers cannot currently use public laundromats
- Meal preparation and cleanup
- Urgent grocery shopping
- Pharmacy pick-ups
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Urgent transportation in the event a mobility device breaks, leaving a client stranded
- Wheelchair and equipment repair necessary for safety and mobility
During this shelter in place order we cannot :
- Provide Measure B green voucher on-demand rides to restaurants, social events, or for general errands
- Perform non–urgent household chores
- Perform errands beyond obtaining medical items and food
- Do multiple loads of laundry
- Do Meal preparation and cooking beyond what is needed for two days
These restrictions are to protect everyone: you, all EDI clients, our staff members, and all our families. Thank you for understanding.
Dear EDI Family,
As you know, in the coming weeks the novel corona virus is expected to spread widely. EDI will do everything in our power to avoid transmission of the virus to you, anyone in your home, and our staff members.
- Our dispatchers are asking whether you have symptoms of Covid-19 (the disease produced by the virus)
- If we have reason to think you may have Covid-19, our attendants will wear whatever protective gear (masks, gowns, and gloves) we are able to obtain in this time of scarcity
- Our attendants will wash their hands before and after providing you attendant services
- If we have reason to think you may have Covid-19, we may ask you to wear a mask (which we will provide) while we provide you with services (attendant work, rides, repairs)
- If you request it, we will measure your temperature
- We have told our employees not to come to work if sick
The novel corona virus spreads extremely easily, and people can be infectious before they have reason to suspect they have the virus. So despite all precautions we have put in place, it is not possible to absolutely assure that no EDI members are carrying the novel corona virus at any particular time. Keeping this in mind the decision to use EDI services, during the pandemic is one all clients must make for themselves.
If there are addition protective measures you are taking, due to your unique situation, please advise our attendants of these measures and they will comply with your directive.
The following behaviors can help slow the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands often
- Avoid touching your face
- Cover coughs with a tissue (dispose of it promptly) or your elbow
- Avoid close contact with those who are ill
- Get plenty of sleep
- Eat healthy food
This is a difficult time for all of us…let’s be calm, prudent, brave, and joyful.
Rose Acampora / Board President