COMING SOON: Easy Does It has partnered with Whirlwind Wheelchairs to distribute personal protective face masks to persons with disabilities who do not have access to such equipment. Learn more about this collaboration at Whirlwind Wheelchairs.
EDI’s COVID-19 Response
EDI IS OPEN TO SERVE YOU. For a list of services we can provide and those we have had to temporarily suspend, click here.
EDI STAFF AND CLIENTS MUST NOW WEAR MASKS, which we will gladly supply, whenever services are provided. Read more
FOR WHAT TO EXPECT IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY REQUESTING SERVICES, click here.
WE CANNOT COMPLETELY ELIMINATE THE POSSIBILITY OF EDI STAFF CARRYING COVID-19. We are doing all we can to minimize this risk, but the decision on whether to use our services under these circumstances is yours. Read more
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND RESOURCES are available on our COVID-19 page
Easy Does It (EDI) is a service agency founded by people with disabilities and seniors for people with disabilities and seniors. When you have an equipment failure or unanticipated lapse in attendant care, you can call EDI for help. And if you would like assistance hiring a permanent attendant, or sorting out problems with your current attendant, we can help with that too. We answer over 4,000 calls a year from people just like you looking for support. We look forward to hearing from you.
In accordance with Alameda County’s shelter in place order, and after consultation with the Berkeley Health Department, we are currently able to provide only essential services.
Services we can currently provide:
- All aids of daily living (ADL’s)
- Household chores too urgent to wait until a client’s regular caregiver arrives
- Urgent laundry—however please note EDI caregivers cannot currently use public laundromats
- Meal preparation and cleanup
- Urgent grocery shopping
- Pharmacy pick-ups
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Urgent transportation in the event a mobility device breaks, leaving a client stranded
- Wheelchair and equipment repair necessary for safety and mobility
Services we cannot currently provide:
- Provide Measure B green voucher on-demand rides to restaurants, social events, or for general errands
- Perform non–urgent household chores
- Perform errands beyond obtaining medical items and food
- Multiple loads of laundry
- Meal preparation and cooking beyond what is needed for two days
What to expect if you request services during COVID-19 / Coronavirus:
- Our dispatchers will ask whether you have symptoms of COVID-19 (the disease produced by the virus)
- If we have reason to think you may have COVID-19, our attendants will wear whatever protective gear (masks, gowns, and gloves) we are able to obtain in this time of scarcity
- Our attendants will wash their hands before and after providing you attendant services
- If we have reason to think you may have COVID-19, we may ask you to wear a mask (which we will provide) while we provide you with services (attendant work, rides, repairs)
- If you request it, we will measure your temperature
- We have told our employees not to come to work if sick
If there are additional protective measures you are taking, due to your unique situation, please advise our attendants of these measures and they will comply with your directive.